Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Gift Traditions

Jameson and I will be celebrating our second Christmas as husband and wife this year and we are doing something a little different as far as gifts go this year. Friday we are going to our local mall to divide and conquer. We will have 1 hour and a set budget then be set free in the mall to go shopping for one another. After an hour is up we will head home and exchange our gifts. We thought this would be a fun way to do gifts this year and create special memories together!

When it comes to the 5 Love Languages receiving gifts is not high on either of our lists. We both would prefer spending quality time together at a local coffee shop over getting a gift any day. That being said we don't want to completely skip over Christmas gifts all together so we try and find creative ways to exchange . Last year we only did stocking stuffers and we had 4 categories we had to buy gifts for: something you want, something you need, something to eat, and something to read. This was a fun way to keep the gift spending at a minimum but still create a special first Christmas together! Here is what I got him last year:

want: cologne | eat: starbucks gift card | 

Every year we will probably continue to switch up what we do for Christmas gifts just to keep things interesting. I would love to hear if you have any fun Christmas gift traditions. Do you go all out? Or keep things simple?

Linking up today with Lisa and the girls

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! Val! This is so great! What a fun way to make things interesting! You'll have to let me know what you guys end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh we're celebrating our 2nd married Christmas too!! I love the 4 categories - that's a good way to think about gifts!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an fun concept!!! This is my 2nd married Christmas, woooohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun idea! And I'll join in on the 2nd married Christmas - it's ours, too :) Can't wait to see what you two end up with for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I found your blog through the link up! :) My husband and I will be celebrating our second Christmas as newlyweds and it's so exciting! I love your idea for the "want, need, eat, & read" I am totally doing this for my husband since we have no idea what to get each other and we don't want to spend a fortune since we don't need much! blessings! xoxo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently came across this "want, need, eat, read" gift concept and I'm kind of liking it. We may have to try this next year to help simplify things. I'm excited to see what you two end up with for your gift exchange!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...