You can catch up on Part One: How We Met and Part Two: Our Dating Adventures
Jameson and I got engaged on June 15, 2012 and that day will always hold such special memories in my heart.
I had flown up to Michigan for the weekend to help Jameson move into his new apartment. He had just started working full time and had been living with a friend for a couple weeks until his apartment was available. His mom and dad also came up to bring some of this things from home and help with the whole moving process. Friday morning was move in day, so we were all so excited for Jameson to begin this next chapter in his life and I was taking in everything around me knowing that this place would soon be my home in just 6 short months after I graduated. We had an appointment with the leasing agent for the apartment in the morning where Jameson had to sign a bunch of things and then he got the keys. Let the moving begin! We started moving in a bunch of boxes that his parents had brought down. After about an hour or so his parents said they were going to run to the store to pick up some drinks and snacks so they left. Without thinking much of it Jameson pointed to a box in the corner and asked me to open it and start unpacking it's contents. So I went over to the box and opened it, only to find another box inside of it. That's silly I thought to myself, then I proceeded to move back to unpacking the plates and cups like I had been doing before. Jameson walked up to me, grabbed the cup from my hand and said "I'll work on these, you go back to that box."
So back over I went to open the box, only to find another box inside. At that moment I saw the words "YOU" written on the box in big black lettering. I then realized that there had been writing on the first box too. I looked back at it and the black letters "WILL" glared back at me, At that point I started freaking out a bit internally. I rushed to open the next box and found the words "MARRY" written on them. Queue the sweating and heart pounding. "Jameson" I said as I opened the next box. He slowly walked over while I was unpacking the box that said "ME". Inside of the final box was a ring box with a shiny silver "?" taped to it. At this point Jameson got down on one knee, picked up the ring box, and asked me to be his wife. I was in complete and total shock at this point because I had absolutely no idea that this would be happening.
I of course said "YES" as he slipped the most beautiful ring on my finger.

No comments:
Post a Comment